Bank of Melbourne Foundation's Inspire Grant was created to uplift the education outcomes of children and young people facing the greatest barriers to reaching their potential. The grant awards up to $300,000 over three years to support innovative approaches to education access, participation, learning and transition to further study or employment. It provides $100,000 per year for three years to one eligible charity.
Inspire Grant Guidelines
About the grant
The Inspire Grant provides up to $100,000 per year for three years to support better education outcomes for children and young people in our Priority Groups.
We invest in smaller, local charities providing opportunities for children and young people experiencing disadvantage and support innovative approaches to education access, participation, learning and transition to further study or employment.
Inspire Grants are currently offered once every two years.
Key impact areas
- Participation - supporting school attendance, retention, participation in further study or training, access to education
- Engagement - supporting engagement or re-engagement with education/learning, motivation, confidence, wellbeing, cultural identity
- Achievement - supporting completion of school or further study, transition to next level education or employment, improved learning outcomes
- Capacity building - supporting parent/carer engagement in their child's learning; improving teaching and learning practice
- Organisation is endorsed as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR-1 status) and registered with Australian Charities and Not-for-Profits Commission (ACNC)
- Organisation can provide recent, audited financial statements, signed by the auditor
- Organisation has an annual gross revenue of less than $5 million
- Organisation receives less than 60% of its annual revenue from federal, state or local government funding, where income is above $1million per annum
- Proposed initiative is located within VIC
What we don't fund
- Charity works outside Australia
- Initiatives outside of VIC
- Sponsorship or fundraising activities
- Residential camps, except where that is the core purpose of the applicant organisation
Selection Criteria and Funding Guidelines
For further details about our Inspire Grants, including selection criteria, please read our Funding Guidelines.
- For grants supporting initiatives in NSW/QLD/ACT/WA see St.George Foundation
- For grants supporting initiatives in SA/NT see BankSA Foundation
- Auspiced applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis